A couple of years ago I did a Craft post, Glass Dome Arrangement and at the time the popular trend in home accessories was a terrarium containers. The arrangement was set on a cabinet in our home and I really liked it. Another Craft Post that I did several years ago was a Butterfly in a Jar and that arrangement sit on the desk in my home office during the spring and summer seasons.
For this craft project, it was the end of summer I thought it would be a fun idea to “trap” a fairy under glass to keep throughout the fall and winter months until I could let her “escape” in the springtime!!
The Fairy Under Glass craft project was very easy and took less than an hour to create, I re-purposed most of the items used in the previous arrangements so the cost was keep to a minimum. But, if you are going to create this craft project from scratch the items required are very inexpensive.
Listed below are the supplies and instructions for the Fairy Under Glass craft project.
- Glass container (the dimensions will be determined by the floral and fairy size)
- Fairy figurine
- Floral items (I used two different types of ferns and flowers to add color)
- Artificial Mushrooms
- Moss (optional)
Fairy Under Glass – instructions
- Prepare the glass container for the craft project, clean or dust if necessary
- Arrange ferns and flowers (for this project I re-purposed the ferns from a previous arrangement and added flowers for a little bit of color)
- Place the fairy figurine at the front of the arrangement (I add a little bit of sparkle paint to the fairy’s wings to allow them to glimmer)
- Scatter a few mushrooms around the fairy
- (Optional) Add a little bit of moss to the arrangement, place some around the fairy and the mushrooms