In previous crafts posts I have used domes or cloches to create decorative displays under glass. These craft projects make wonderful displays for any home and can be used on tables or bookshelves as decorative Spring or Summer seasonal items. In this post I will create another simple display using mushrooms, floral stems and moss. Additional items, such as an artificial snail or a couple of ladybugs or a butterfly perched on one of the mushrooms or maybe a tiny sign that says “snail crossing” or “welcome to the garden” and decorative rocks can also be added to create interest.
Mushrooms Under Glass supply list
- Glass dome or cloche with base – size is determined by the height and the width of the items used (the glass dome I used had a wooden base)
- Mushrooms – 2 or 3 (I used a set that features two mushrooms)
- Floral stems
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Optional items – an artificial snail, ladybug, butterfly, small signs or decorative rocks
Mushrooms Under Glass instructions
- Center the mushrooms and hot glue them to the base (before gluing, be sure that there is a least a few inches of space between the mushrooms and the glass dome)
- Arrange the floral stems around the mushrooms and hot glue them to the base
- Arrange the moss around the mushrooms and floral stems
- Optional items can be added to the display to create more interest, such as an artificial insect or a small sign.
For more information about the previous crafts posts, Butterflies in a Jar and Fairy Under Glass, also using domes or cloches to create decorative displays under glass, please click on the links for supply lists and full instructions.